Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G) | Ensuite Art Deco Chandelier & Wall Lights | Available to Buy Separately
£995.00 – £1,995.00
An ensuite Art Deco chandelier and pair of wall lights by the famous French designer Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G). The matching frosted glass panels of abstract design, apparently unsigned, mounted into their respective original nickel-plated brass frameworks. France c.1930
N.B Available to buy separately
Provenance: Google “E.J.G chandelier” for signed images of matching glass and chandelier design.
Chandelier: Ht.76cm/30in, W.54/21
Wall Lights: Ht.26cm/10in, W.29/11.5, D15/6
Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G)
Rue J.Robert, Paris & Ezanville
- Jean Gauthier had his first workshop at 12-14 rue Jean Robert in Paris and later expanded with factories in the town of Ezanville.
- In the early days just after the first world war Gauthier made cameo shades that were sometimes signed Gauthier.
- Jean Gauthier focused on the production of art deco glassware in moulded-pressed glass.
- Glass was signed E.J.G for Etablissements Jean Gauthier and J.Robert based on the street name of the first workshop.
- In the 30s Gauthier started a line of opalescent art deco glass in a more modernist style these are often signed EZAN France, based on the city of the second plant.