Shop

F & C Osler | 2 Cut-Glass Pendant Lights | England c.1900

£395.00

A pair of small pendants, each cut-glass “pineapple” lampshade of good quality and supported with an Osler & Co. brass gallery. Englisg c1905

Ht.45cm/18in, Ht.(shade & gallery) 20/8, Diam.10/4

F & C Osler, Birmingham & London

  • The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler

  • The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.

  • Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.

  • In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.

  •  The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.

  • From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.

  • This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.

Product Code: LG437JAL713c Categories: , Tag:
Share