Attributed F & C Osler | Cut-Glass Plafonnier | England c.1910
A very good quality cut-glass and gilt cast-brass hanging lamp in excellent condition attributed to F & C Osler due to well known rope twist detailing but apparently unsigned. England circa 1910
ht.58cm/23in diam 46/18
F & C Osler, Birmingham & London
The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler
The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.
Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.
In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.
The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.
From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.
This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.
There are no reviews yet.