Attributed Henry G. Richardson & Sons | Vaseline-Glass Pendant Shade | England c.1900
An impressive vaseline glass pendant lampshade attributed to Henry G, Richardson & Sons, Birmingham complimented with its original brass flex-spacer. England c.1900
Ht.(as displayed)76cm/30in, Ht.(shade023/9, W.13/5
Stourbridge Glass, Birmingham
Thomas Webb & Sons, Henry G. Richardson & Sons, Stevens & Williams, John Walsh Walsh
The industry was established at the beginning of the 17th century by glass-makers from Lorraine in north-eastern France
The industry grew and evolved for the next 275 years and glass from Wordsley, Amblecote and Brierley Hill is recognised as amongst the finest in the world
Birmingham Lighting designers such as Best & Lloyd, Faraday & Sons, Osler & Co, James Hinks & Son and Messenger & Sons employ the Stourbridge factories to produce the glass-ware for their lights.
Mostly it is impossible to say which firm produced a particular lampshade but some patterns were registered/catalogued and can therefore occasionally be attributed.