Style of F & C Osler | 2 Art Nouveau Brass Wall Lights | England c.1900

£1,195.00

A pair of decorative copper and brass art nouveau wall lights in the style of and possibly by F & C Osler, originally designed for gas but now sympathetically converted for electricity, each supporting a good quality blue-vaseline glass lampshade. Stamped with letter “O” to frame possibly for Osler. England c1900

Ht.(shade)16cm/6in, W.(shade)12.5/5, Diam.(back-plate)10/4, Ht.(overall)30/12, Dpth.40/16

F & C Osler, Birmingham & London

  • The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler

  • The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.

  • Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.

  • In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.

  •  The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.

  • From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.

  • This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.

Product Code: JAL119 Categories: , Tag:
Share

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Style of F & C Osler | 2 Art Nouveau Brass Wall Lights | England c.1900”

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.