Shop

F & C Osler | 2 Edwardian Wall Lights | England c.1910

A pair of cast-brass Edwardian wall lights with soft satin glass lampshades. The wall lights signed Osler for F & C Osler. England c.1910

F & C Osler, Birmingham & London

  • The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler

  • The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.

  • Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.

  • In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.

  •  The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.

  • From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.

  • This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.

Product Code: LG75 Category: Tag:
Share