Marcel Vasseur & Muller Frères | Wrought Iron Art Deco Table Lamp | France c.1930
A large and impressive twin-arm wrought-iron art deco table lamp. The metal-work designed with distinctive Marcel Vassuer attributes but apparently unsigned. Each arm supporting a frosted white art deco lampshade., with an acid-stenciled mark to lampshade “Muller Fres Luneville” France c1930.
Marcel Vasseur, Paris
Marcel Vasseur was a blacksmith who had like E.Brandt and R.Subes had a large workshop in Paris
Vasseur designed bespoke pieces privately for clients but also had a catalogue of designs for his own outlet and appeared at the prestigeous 1925 art décorative exhibit in Paris.
Old catalogues show Marcel Vasseur used pate-de-verre shades by Daum, Muller and Schneider as well as shades in alabaster or art-deco glass by Muller Freres.
Sadly pieces are nearly always unsigned however occasionally Vasseur bases or chandelier mounts are signed FAG.
In1925 the designer Maurice Dufresne head of the design department La Maitrise of the large Galeries Lafayette invited Vasseur to sell his lamps in Lafayette. These pieces were signed FAG (for Feronnerie d’Art des Galleries).
Verrerie d’Art Muller Frères, Luneville 1919
- Henri & Désiré learn their trade working as student of Gallé and around 1895 create their own workshop in Luneville.
- In 1896, the entire Muller family (father, mother and children) live in Nancy. Camille works at Daum’s, Baccarat and then finally he goes to Sèvres. Eugene, Victor and Pierre join the Galle’s workshop.
- In 1900, Henri leases space inside the Croismare glass-works and transfers there some of the workshops of the Rue Sainte-Anne in Luneville
- In 1919 Henri and Désiré buy the majority of shares of the Hinzelin’s glassworks and create “Les Grandes Verrerie et Cristalleries de Croismare”.
- At the same time they create the new company “Verrerie d’Art Muller Frères” to give a name to their activity in Luneville.
- Glass produced at Luneville are signed “Muller Fres,Luneville” while glass at “Croismare” is signed as such.
There are no reviews yet.