F & C Osler | 2 Art Nouveau Cast Brass Wall Lights | England c.1905
A pair of good quality cast-brass wall lights signed Osler, each supporting an elegant vaseline glass lampshade England, c.1905.
Ht. 40.5cm/16in; Depth 25.5/10. W 13/5
F & C Osler, Birmingham & London
- The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler
- The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.
- Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.
- In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.
- The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.
- From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.
- This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.
There are no reviews yet.