Charles Ranc & Verreries D’Art Lorrain | 2 Single-Arm Art Deco Wall Lights
A pair of stylish Art Deco cast brass wall lights by Charles Ranc, the frosted and polished glass lampshades designed with stylised flowers and reeds by Verreries d-Art Lorrain, Croismare the secondary glass factory of Daum, Frères France c.1930
Max Ht.34cm/13.5in, Dpth.22/8.5, Ht(shade)15/6
Charles Ranc, Paris 1909
- After the first world-war the Paris based company (rue Amelot street, Bastille) became known for producing lighting in the neo-classical style.
- Charles Ranc lights were often designed in gilded bronze fixtures holding pate-de-verre Charles Schneider lampshades.
- In the 1930’s Art Deco period their lights were modernised in nickel plated bronze or coppered brass mounts using opalescent shades often (but not exclusively) produced by the Jean Gauthier, Ezanville glass factory (EZAN).
Verreries D’Art Lorrain, Croismare 1927
Verrerie De Belle-étoile, Daum & Co.
- Daum Frères employ Pierre D’Avesn to design and supervise production of Art Deco Glassware at the “Croismare” Glassworks which Daum took over in 1927
- The purpose of buying this factory was to compete with René Lalique and others for the lucrative market of Department Stores and large-scale retailers, particularly in the USA.
- Art glass produced by Daum’s “Verreries D’Art Lorrain, Verrerie De Belle-étoile” was signed either “P.d’Avesn” or “Lorrain” or “Val”.