Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G) | 2 Art Deco Wall Lights | France c.1930
A pair of Art Deco wall lights with original nickel-plated bronze mounts by Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G) but apparently unsigned. France c.130
Etablissement Jean Gauthier (E.J.G & Ezan)
Rue J.Robert, Paris & Ezanville
- Jean Gauthier had his first workshop at 12-14 rue Jean Robert in Paris and later expanded with factories in the town of Ezanville.
- In the early days just after the first world war Gauthier made cameo shades that were sometimes signed Gauthier.
- Jean Gauthier focused on the production of art deco glassware in moulded-pressed glass.
- Glass was signed E.J.G for Etablissements Jean Gauthier and J.Robert based on the street name of the first workshop.
- In the 30s Gauthier started a line of opalescent art deco glass in a more modernist style these are often signed EZAN France, based on the city of the second plant.