Genet et Michon | Bronze Art Deco Wall Light | France c.1930
A very good quality wall light by the famous maison Genet et Michon but apparently unsigned. The flush mounting bronze frame with its original nickel-plated finish and holding the original frosted glass plaque. France c.1930
Provenance: see pictures online of signed pieces with matching Genet et Michon glass.
W.30cm/12in, H.14/5.5, Dpth.8/3
Philippe Genêt et Lucien Michon, Paris
- Former students of the Ecole Boulle, Philippe Genêt and Lucien Michon began trading in 1911 and showing their 1st lighting fixtures in 1919.
- Set in the Marais, rue du Parc Royal in Paris, they specialize in creating and designing lighting, mirrors and decorative items made from moulded-pressed glass.
- Throughout the 20’s and 30’s Genet et Michon have a large presence at the Salon Des Artistes Décorateurs showcasing their lighting designs and other decorative items.
- During the late 20’s they work for national palaces, the Elysee Palace, embassies, and ministries. The firm also collaborates with some major decorators such as Jacques-Emile Ruhlmann, Paul Follot, and Maurice Dufrene & Raymond Subes.
- Maison Genêt & Michon continued to trade until after the war and ceased trading in the 1960’s.