Muller Frères, Luneville | Wrought-iron & Pate-de-verre Hanging Lamp
A wrought-iron and “pate-de-verre” glass three branch chandelier, the metalwork applied with leaf decoration. The glass in shades of aubergine, ochre and pink on a pale off-white ground. All the glass is signed with the stencil mark “Muller Fres, Luneville”. France c.1930
Ht.94cm/37in, Max Diam.66/26, Diam.(of central Plaf)36/14
Verrerie d’Art Muller Frères, Luneville & Les Grandes Verrerie et Cristalleries de Croismare 1919
Henri & Désiré learn their trade working as student of Gallé and around 1895 create their own workshop in Luneville.
In 1896, the entire Muller family (father, mother and children) live in Nancy. Camille works at Daum’s, Baccarat and then finally he goes to Sèvres. Eugene, Victor and Pierre join the Galle’s workshop.
In 1900, Henri leases space inside the Croismare glass-works and transfers there some of the workshops of the Rue Sainte-Anne in Luneville
In 1919 Henri and Désiré buy the majority of shares of the Hinzelin’s glassworks and create “Les Grandes Verrerie et Cristalleries de Croismare”.
At the same time they create the new company “Verrerie d’Art Muller Frères” to give a name to their activity in Luneville.
Glass produced at Luneville are signed “Muller Fres,Luneville” while glass at “Croismare” is signed as such.