Shop

F & C Osler, Birmingham | 6 Ensuite Art Nouveau Wall lights | England c.1905

£2,995.00£4,445.00

Two sets of 3 twin-arm art nouveau brass twin-arm wall lights, each backplate stamped “Osler”. England c1905 (6 wall lights in total)

Set 1: suspending pendant the original knopped vaseline-glass lampshade and shade carrier.

Ht. 42cm/16.5in, Dpth.36/14, W.34/13.5

Set 2: suspending pendant good quality period vaseline-glass lampshades with replacement shade carriers.

Ht.30cm/12in, Dpth.36/14, W.38/15

F & C Osler, Birmingham & London

  • The company Osler was established in Birmingham, 1807 by Thomas Osler

  • The business really began functioning in 1831 when his sons Abraham Follett & Thomas Clarkson took over and the company.

  • Specialising in crystal glass chandeliers they opened a showroom filled with the best stock on Oxford Street.

  • In the latter half of the 19th century Osler found success in India due to the countries wealth and efficient shipping links.

  •  The name F & C Osler was first recognised on 14th July 1906 when the children and grandchildren of Follett and Clarkson became the first directors.

  • From 1911 the demand for simple clean pieces of glass was lost, however the demand for light fittings made entirely of metal was flourishing.

  • This coincided nicely with the opportunity to acquire a lighting company named Faraday & Son Ltd in 1919 and the company became Osler & Faraday Ltd.

£4,445.00
£2,995.00
Product Code: LG445LG446 Categories: , Tag:
Share